Friday, February 17, 2006

A Poetic Blog.

One of the joys of the blogosphere is discovering weblogs that have style and content worth returning to time and again. So when I recieved notification that a blog had kindly linked to The View From Fez, I went looking and was rewarded with finding myself in the elegant world of El Jerroudi and the blog CONTACTPOESIE

Even though I struggle with French, I was soon aware that this was a place that would encourage my understanding of the language. The posts revolve around poetry, art and literature - and are well worth a visit. Merci El Jerroudi!

Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaam Alaikum Dear Friends:
As fellow writers, may I commend to you my book Master of the Jinn: A Sufi Novel, a mystical adventure tale on the Sufi path of Love. Alhamdulillah, it has been translated and published in Russia, and will soon, inshallah, be translated and published in Indonesia, into Bahasa, the national language.
You can view the book and read an excerpt at http://www.masterofthejinn.com
Please forward this link to anyone you think may be interested.
In the Name of the Merciful, 10% of all profits go to charity.

Ya Haqq,

Irving

Anonymous said...

Salam Irving,
Thank you for the comment - and as you will see, I have posted about your wonderful looking book. As a writer with my ninth book about to come out I wish you great luck. I hope it will do well, inshallah

Di Mackey said...

I love the 'look' of the blog, writes the mostly mono-lingual blushing Kiwi.

And the first poem contains Robert Capa's famous photograph of the dying Frederico Borrell Garcia ... sob! I can't read French.