Sunday, March 11, 2007

How not to sell property in Morocco!

Imagine, if you will, my reaction when I opened up an article in the Irish Independant with the headline: Morocco will never give you the hump.

What the feck, I wondered, was this going to be about? Travel in the Sahara? Camel races on the beach at Essaouira? Or simply a bunch of bad puns? Here is the opening flourish...

CLICHÉS eh? Can't live with them, can't live without them. Boom boom.

Now here's a cliché that comes into all our minds when someone mentions Morocco - men with fezzes on their heads and camels who always seem to have the hump.

Of course as anyone will tell you, it's the men who have the hump and the camels are wearing the hats. And another thing - why oh why do camels always insist on those elaborate public displays of urine gymnastics?

God damn it, but every time I see them on the TV, there they all are - with their gymnastics. You wouldn't get away with that kind of behaviour down my way, I can tell you.

Mind you, quite what a camel would be doing in North Kildare is anyone's guess, but you get my point.
Urine gymnastics? Is he taking the piss?


Now, maybe it is because I don't come from North Kildare, but I was still unsure where all this was heading. So you can imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a poorly written "advertorial" for real estate property for sale in Alkudia Smir. You can read the full catastrophe on our property pages - but it probably won't do much for you, unless of course you happen to be Irish*, had a few too many pints of the black stuff or are a devotee of urine gymnastics - give me a break.

*For the record, I should say that I have several Irish friends and none of them, to my knowledge, has unhealthy interest in camels.

Read it here: Morocco will never give you the hump.

Tags:

No comments: