Friday, June 01, 2007

Faces in the Medina - Christina Khumari




Christina Khumari is a goldsmith, artist and sculptor and for the next month or so she will be resident in the Fez Medina as a guest of The View from Fez.

While in Morocco, Khumari will be doing research into amulets and talsimans as a basis for a future collection of wearable small scale sculptures - with a focus on the magic and symbolism of various cultures. At a later date she will carry out further work on Celtic culture and Spanish Christian symbolism.

If anyone has knowledge of interesting talsimans or amulets, Khumari would love to hear from you. She can be contacted on email: ckhumari@gmail.com

Previous work


OUROBOROS" Made from a pound of solid gold, the serpent, sybolizing the continuation of life, death and regeneration on the material plane, rises from a three dimensional mandala of chakra symbols in rose, white and yellow gold.

Khumari making "Waiting on the World" Made from steel and glass, a web is strung on curving arcs to form a free standing sculpture.

Visit Khumari's website: KHUMARI

Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im in love of Morrocco.. Its so beuatiful, I always found arabic culture, such as Lebanese, moroccan etc. pretty existing and beautiful, i always want it to live in a place like that... since I was a child Im fascinate about this culture... I want to live for a while in there, but I dont know what to do.. and I dont know anybody from there.. thanks to the blogs i found that many western people live there... Im from Mexico.. if you want to give me tips how to live there or what to do I'll be really glad... my email is: esther_o@yahoo.com; My name is Esther and I from Mexico..