Friday, August 31, 2007

Moroccan Cuisine


An exciting development today on the blogging front. A blog called A Moroccan Kitchen has started up and is run by two Moroccan women - one of whom had never touched a computer in her life until this morning. A few years ago this could never have happened and such a step forward is wonderful, not just for the two women, but as an example to their friends of how the internet can open up the world to them and them to the world.

Based at Riad Laaroussa, Sabah and Samira are also using the blog to practice their English and so it will be interesting to see how they improve over the coming months.

Sabah and Samira make their first post!

Sabah and Samira have had instant success with the first question about a recipe arriving within an hour of the blog going on line.

They intend to use the blog to share recipes, tell stories about their life in the Fez Medina and as a record of all the people they meet while they teach Moroccan cooking.

We wish them well and will follow their progress with much interest.


Tags:

2 comments:

::Alejandro:: said...

I have listed your blog as part of the BlogDay 2007 celebrations!

I love Fez...

Here is the link

And you may want to add this Technorati tag

lady macleod said...

Oh this is splendid. My daughter has just left Morocco after her year as a Fulbright Scholar and she loves cooking Moroccan cuisine. I miss her for many reasons, not the least of which is she is a magnificent cook. I shall send her the link for the blog as I know she will enjoy it.

This is very exciting to see more Moroccans on the Internet. I shall read the blog for news of my beloved (but lo too hot for my Scottish blood) Fez.

Thank you for sharing.