Thursday, March 20, 2008

Would you believe... Cafe Clock does pudding.


Today our`resident fab food stylist, Chou-chou Postlethwaite, headed to Cafe Clock and got a big surprise. Here is Chou-chou's report.

Now normally I am not one to rave about pudding. Yes, you read correctly, pudding. But... just a few minutes ago I was accosted by a dessert! There I was in Cafe Clock, happily munching away on Eggs Florentine - it was breakfast - at 3 in the afternoon. Anyway, then Tariq pulled a bread and butter pudding out of the oven. Mike trotted over and offered me some.


How could I say no? I couldn't and I didn't and omigod! It was not the way my mum cooked it (just as well because she made the worst bread and butter pudding in the known universe. In fact during the war my mum sold her recipe to the army and the enemy surrendered on masse. Not cos they liked it, I hasten to add. It was a threat, see?)

This was better, far better and mouthful after mouthful I savoured the flavours, the slices of apple, the custardy bits and those fabulous moments when a toasted raisin explodes in your mouth. Ah... heaven! So what to do? A second slice? A pause and then more? Or simply sit and let the ripples of pleasure course through my sweet trembling bod. I leave you to imagine any part of the above you like....

Tags:

No comments: