Thursday, February 24, 2011
Support for Women's Centre in Fez
The IPDF (Initiative for the Protection of Women's Rights) in Batha, in the Fez Medina, provides shelter and legal support to female victims of violence and their children. It also gives vocational training, creates co-operatives and fights discrimination against women.
In recognition of the upcoming 100th year of International Women's Day, a charity fundraiser has been launched to gather funds for the Women's Centre in Batha, Fes (IPDF). The centre provides support and shelter for women who have been victims of violence and their children. Through legal advice, housing, retraining and job assistance they help women who have nowhere to turn to find new lives. The IPDF Centre exists on limited funding and needs help to provide the daily basics for the women and children they house, such as nappies, food, toys, books and so on. By purchasing a tombola ticket, or for those not in Fes simply donating, you will be helping the empowerment of local women who need all the help they can get.
Tombola tickets are only Dh50 and are available from Fez Cafe, Fes et Gestes, Cafe Clock and the American Language Centre bookshop (opening hours 10-12 & 2-6.45pm). The list of prizes grows longer by the minute and there are some sumptuous goodies to be won. Here's a list of what you can win:
· Accommodation at Riad Maison Bleue
· Dinner at Dar Roumana
· Café Clock cooking class
· Spa and Hammam at Riad Laaroussa
· Photographic portrait with Omar Chennafi
· Annual pass for the French Institute – free use of library and DVD’s
· Belly dancing class with Saida (Evelyn)
· Dinner for two at Fez Café – ‘Menu de Chef’
· Two nights accommodation at Riad Tizwa
· Dessange voucher
· Lunch at Fes et Gestes
· Mystery prize with Tours Around Fes
· Fez Deli gift box
· Dinner at Riad Bartal
· Guided trek to the cedar forests of Sefrou
· 500dh voucher for the ALC/ALIF bookshop
· free yoga session with Nora
As the list gets longer, the chances of people winning a prize get better!