One of our most frequently asked questions: "What's the best time to travel to Fès?"
- The months April, May, June, September and October have pleasant temperatures.
- On average, the warmest month(s) are July and August.
- Fès has dry periods in January, February, March, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- On average, the coolest month is December.
- April is the wettest month.
- July is the driest month.
|Fez average temperature (click image to enlarge)|
Fez has something to offer all year round and it makes the ideal base for exploring further afield. From the Medina it is simple to arrange trips to Moulay Idriss, the Roman ruins of Volubilis, the wonderful town of Chefchaouen and the Rif Mountains and national parks, as well as well as Berber villages such as Azrou and Sefrou. In the heat of summer you can escape to the mountain village of Ifrane where you can also go skiing in winter.
A common mistake made by first-time visitors is to rush through Fez without leaving enough time to explore the Medina or take day trips into the countryside. The way to get the most out of Fez is to spend at least eight or nine days getting the best that Fez and surrounds has to offer. Remember, Fez is safe, friendly, affordable and very, very exciting!