Friday, June 14, 2013

On the Fes Festival Fringe Today...


Opening of Le Muzoo: a traveling museum conceived by Sinéangulo at Palais Mokri (not "Dar Mokri").  Sinéangulo's adventure is composed of fresco, tent, clothes, collected stones…

from a series "Jnan Sbil (Freedom Garden)", 2013, Megumi Matsubara © Yassin Houari
         In the middle of the desert,
        I laid myself on the ground of sand.
        I was small - much smaller than I imagined myself could ever be.


        I thought, my footprint would make absolutely no difference, let alone my   teardrop.
        Just at that moment, a drop of tear touched the sand.
        It quickly became solid.
        Carefully, I touched it. It was still solid.
        I put it on my hand.
        When the tear vaporized, the sand remained.
        It was much more than I imagined a drop of tear could ever weigh.


                                ~  A footprint on a desert, Megumi Matsubara, June 2013


Vernissage: 6pm Fri 14th June 2013
Location: Palais Mokri, Ziat, Fes
Exhibition period: until the 15th of June 2013 open everyday 11am - 4pm entrance free
Location: Palais Mokri, Ziat, Fes
Artists: Aroa Escobero, Salima Abdel Wahab, Youssef el Yedidi, Aziz Amrani, Charlie Case, and Megumi Matsubara
Organised by: Michel d'Yve & Juliette Emsens

Fes Festival Fringe program
Fes Festival Medina Map
Fes Festival Food! 
Fes Festival Site

The View from Fez is an official media partner of the Fes Festival of World Sacred Music

SHARE THIS!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: