Sunday, January 29, 2006

Blogger on the warpath.

You have to love the ripple effect of a good post or article.

When we read Karima Rhanem's report: Evangelical missionaries in Morocco back in the limelight, we followed up with our own response: Evangelical missionaries in Morocco, and now the ripples have flowed on to Morocco Time blog, where our intrepid blogger went a step further and hunted down an evangelist before he even arrived in Morocco!

In a great post she links us to The Warrior's Code where Sam proclaims "I'm looking change my small, Springfield, Ohio outlook to a larger, world perspective". Unfortunately part of that outlook includes heading to Morocco and converting the faithful.

Morocco Time responds: Normally I try to live and let live - if I happen upon a missionary or evangelizer here, I wouldn't turn them in. However, this jerk insulted Scotland in the same scintillating blog entry, "Scotland has never had a king worth bowing to - it's up to us to show them what a great King is like. Amen?" At this, gritting my teeth and muttering bits of "Scotland the Brave" (since part of my family once inhabited Dunbar Castle), I vowed to expose these wack jobs whenever and wherever they're found.

We await further developments. Let us hope Sam the Warrior does not end up as a 'news brief' item.

Go to source: Morocco Time : Love the Lord but Burn Evangelists at the Stake.

UPDATE:

And now Sam enters the fray and Morocco Time responds:

“Do not argue with the followers of earlier revelation other than in a most kindly manner – except those of them who did wrong and are oppressors – and say ‘we believe in that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to you; for our God and your God is one and the same, and it is unto Him that we surrender ourselves.’” Quran 29:46

Read more: Morocco Time:1 Peter 3:9 and Quran 22:67-68, 29:46


Tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barakallahufik, Si Samir! However, I should mention that I am most definitely a "she."

I neglected to mention in my post that I am taking the further step of reporting our Springfield friend to the authorities. I have his full name, nationality, and photo - our friends in the administration should love that data.

Anonymous said...

Salam! - And my floor-licking, grovelling apologies for the gender blunder (I am, after all, a mere male!) Your posts, blog and sensibilities are a sheer joy and I heartily concur with your course of action.

Anonymous said...

No apology necessary, Liosliath is actually a male name, just like Leslie (its derivative) once was.

I hope you're only licking the floor in your own immaculate riad!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sam, will email.