Free films on the beach for a week from July 26th to 30th on Sidi Abed's Harhoura beach
This event, in a natural amphitheatre on the beach at Sidi Abed, will be the first open-air giant screen cinema in Morocco.
This festival is organised by Abdelouahed Mjahed, the president of the Association Marocaine des Arts sans Frontières (AMAF).
Abdelouahed Mjahed says the choice of Harhoura is strategic: "This choice was on its proximity to the capital Rabat and Casablanca, as well as easy access from the highway."
The event, will offer a selection of feature films and short Moroccan films, selected by a committee of experienced film professionals.
In the feature film section, eight films will be shown:
– Atlantic de Jan-Willem van Ewijk
– Dallas de Ali El Mejboud
– L’écharpe rouge de Mohammed Lyounsi
– La Isla de Perejil de Ahmed Boulane
– Les larmes de Satan de Hicham El Jebbari
– La marche verte de Youssef Britel
– A Mile in My Shoes de Saïd Khallaf
– Des… Espoirs de Mohammed Ismaïl
The six short films are:
– Les poissons du désert de Alaa Eddine El Jem
– Frontières de Ali Esmili et Claire Cahen
– Bout à bout d’Asmae El Moudir
– L’esclave du mâle de Mohcine Nadifi
– L’appel de Trung de Hicham Regragui
– Mouchoirs blancs de Farid Regragui
During this event, a jury of film professionals will decide the best short and feature films in competition.
In addition to the films, the public will be offered master classes of filmmaking and shooting with director Jillali Ferhati, and a writing workshop with Mohamed Arius.